The Writer’s Thread Showcase is now taking submissions!
The Writer’s Thread Showcase is open for submissions! Unfortunately to start, we will not be a paying market, but I’m hoping to change that in the future. When I do, I will update this page post haste. In the meantime, if your work is accepted I can offer good exposure, promotion of you and your work on social media, and possible inclusion in our monthly newsletter.
I’m looking for great fiction and/or non-fiction to feature on my Writer’s Thread Showcase Channel. I want material that grabs your attention, leaves you thinking, and make you want to tell stories around the campfire again. I’ll take a look at stories from all walks of life, including those featuring LGBTQIA themes and characters. If the story is that good, that memorable, I want to see it.
Each month, four short stories or articles will be chosen for publication. They will be published the following month on the Writer’s Thread Showcase Channel, and the authors will be notified of their acceptance. If you don’t hear back from me within 30 days of submission, please assume that the story simply isn’t what I’m looking for.
So without further ado, here are the rules of submission.
- All entries must be between 50 and 5,000 words in length. No exceptions.
- All entries must be made through the website. No email or regular submissions will be accepted at this time.
- Upload only edited copy. If accepted, the story will appear as is, except for editing for grammar, typos, etc.
- Simultaneous submissions, reprints, and translated stories are fine, provided that the author a) let me know if it is accepted elsewhere, b) provides full citation on where it was originally published so I can give credit and c) provides information on the original author, including the author’s expressed permission to publish, and his/her/their information in order to provide credit.
- Except in the cases of translations, absolutely everything must be your own work.
- If you wish to provide original artwork or photography to go with your story, I will accept JPEG files that have a height of 455 pixels and a width of 525 pixels.
- The subject matter is up to you, but keep it rated PG-13 or below.
- Please make sure to include a valid email address with your submission
- Submissions are always open, but only one submission per month will be accepted per author.